SNA of South Carolina
Areas and Area Representatives
South Carolina is divided into 5 main Regional Areas based on geography.
Areas and Representatives
Areas provide members with local opportunities for approved training, meetings, networking opportunities, and fundraising for registration to SNASC events and local scholarships.
Area may also be involved in community outreach opportunities to members. Area leaders serve on the Executive Board. They also serve on committees for membership, education, events and public policy legislation. Click map above to view detailed Area Breakdown
| Piedmont Area
|| Sand Hills Area
|| Pee Dee Area
| Anderson 05
|| York 01
|| York 02
Areas President's Goals
- Conduct a Area Planning Meeting to set goals for the academic year.
Contact your Regional representative to arrange a visit to one of your chapter meetings.
- Set goals that are realistic and attainable.
- Set your meeting dates and programs.
- Communicate the schedule to every member.
- Participate in the Fall and Spring Membership Campaign and encourage new members to join.
- Promote SNASC and SNA Awards by nominating a deserving member of your area.
- At each meeting, collect change from the members for SNA's School Nutrition Foundation. The Foundation offers continue education scholarships and grants for School Nutrition Employees and their children who are going into the school nutrition field.
- Write an article for SNASC publication or for the SNASC webpage on what your chapter is doing.
- Plan and conduct at least two meetings that meet requirements for continuing education credits for certified members.
- Promote SNASC/SNA by encouraging all members to vote in the annual elections.
- Attend at least one SNASC Professional Development opportunity.
- Promote SNASC/SNA Legislation efforts by personally writing legislator representatives or invite your legislators to attend lunch in your district.
- Provide information to your Regional representative when contacted for news to report at an SNASC Board meeting.